Hi! I’m glad you found out about Backyard Butterfly Media!
My name is Wendy Erlien and I’m the founder and owner of Backyard Butterfly Media LLC. I’m a Minnesota resident which started the business in April 2014.
Here’s a little history about Backyard Butterfly Media and my experience.
With my communications, content creation and social media experience, I created Backyard Butterfly Media with the vision of helping businesses and organizations to spread their wings – in their own backyard.
How can businesses spread their wings in the community? Social media, blogging, press releases and local media outreach are just a few ways Backyard Butterfly Media can help your business or organization get noticed within your community and/or service area.
For more than 10 years, I have worked as a journalist, editor, freelance writer, and photographer specializing in online and print content. I have several years of social media experience – including the implementation, daily management and strategic growth of Facebook and Twitter efforts for several AOL-owned Patch.com sites in Minnesota. My educational background includes a Bachelor of Arts Degree with majors in Communication-Mass Media and English.
Here’s a look at some of the work I’ve done in the past:
- MGSH Senior Fights Back Against Hodgkins (MapleGrove.Patch.com)
- Maple Grove’s Nadia Cakes Makes Appearance on ‘Cupcake Wars‘ (MapleGrove.Patch.com)
- Fighting Foreclosure – Area homeowners are struggling as foreclosure numbers double (Brooklyn Center Sun Post)
- Implementation, management of MapleGrove.Patch.com Facebook and Twitter May 2011-August 2013
- An English Major’s “Road Less Traveled” Leads Her Into the Philanthropic Field of Nursing (Succeed Magazine)
- Spring Bling in Plymouth (Plymouth Magazine)
Using strategic planning and implementing industry best practices, Backyard Butterfly Media LLC can assist with:
- Researching and writing articles, briefs and events for web and print publication, includes utilizing SEO (search engine optimization) practices for online publications
- Social media implementation, daily management, growth, and support
- Web traffic growth
If you’re interested in one or more of the services offered above or just have questions, email backyardbutterflymedia [at] gmail [dot] com